Friday, March 14, 2008

We have chosen to continue as we are. TRUSTING GOD THAT IS.

Praise God for laughter. Praise God for sunshine. Praise God for spring time. Praise God for beautiful people who are in our lives and care enough to pray, including those who've never met us, but know our Almighty God. Praise God for the Ronald McDonald house and good food to eat even when we aren't hungry. Praise God for the ability to sleep even when stressed. Praise God for children who know HIM.

Should I continue? I read a verse this a.m. about having what you pray for by Praising God. Praise God for small town communities.......I have prayed a simple prayer for years. "Bring Unity to our Community." It kind of has a ring to it, ya know? When we moved to Ontonagon when Kurt was 1 month old, I was looking for a Bible Study to attend. When I wasn't finding just what I had hoped for, I decided I would host one, but needed someone to lead it. No one stepped forward. My wise friend Pam said, "Why don't YOU lead it?" So I did. Maybe not very well at times, but God worked through many lives around our kitchen table---not because of me, but in spite of me. To this day that Bible study continues around other kitchen tables now because I am working. There were times when we would have up to 15 women from 5 different churches gathered, regardless of differences, we all had one common denominator: the Word of God.

Today, there has not been much good news from our drs. They said that they discussed doing another CT scan but really didn't think what they found would cause them to change any of their treatments for Kurt. There isn't any response in his pupils, the pressure in his brain continues to go up (this is called ICP--intercranial pressure), though they aren't sure why. He seems to have less reflex in his ankles and toes, but still has it in his knees. Let's see, my sister Patti is here from NH, she is an Occupational Therapist and spoke with Kurt's OT and they agreed on some splints for Kurt's hands to help them stay open instead of in a fist, as they were beginning to do. This will help if he needs any therapy later. Kurt is still breathing above the ventilator, just enough to start a breath but then the ventilator kicks in to help him get a good deep breath. The drs. told us there are basically three options for us: #1 to continue as we are and see what happens. #2 to stop all therapy and see what happens or #3 if he continues to worsen and becomes brain dead, then there are no options. He reminded us that things look very bleak for Kurt and right now it would pretty well take a miracle for him to be much more than a vegetable......well..............

We have chosen to continue as we are. TRUSTING GOD THAT IS.

It was pretty awesome today because the dr. told us that he witnessed a miracle today with another patient. Patti (having worked with many drs. over the years) told us that it is so incredibly rare for any dr. to admit that out loud. After hearing about this miracle, I felt like jumping up and yelling WOOOOHOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But under the circumstances I was concerned that I could scare the dr. to death and then we'd have to be praying for another miracle. I think I can only handle one at a time. Wow, how does God do it? It is amazing enough that there are people praying in at least 26 of the United States and at least 6 different countries, but it's even more amazing that God hears every one of those prayers and HE WILL ANSWER THEM. So we continue to believe HIM for this incredible miracle. Today I received a confirmation that Kurt's eyes will open. My cousin had a dream that there were many people singing all around me because Kurt's eyes had opened!!!!!! I'll take it. Now, I'm just curious who will be singing???? Maybe I want earplugs! :) Oh, I can't wait! I need to go back in and see him right now.

Keep on believing Psalm 118. Praise God for answered prayer. Praise God.
Thank you again and again.
Anna

3 comments:

pakosta said...

this is beautiful Anna! I will continue to pray for a miracle for your son kurt! God bless you and keep believing in His Word!
tara pakosta

Anonymous said...

kurts eyes will open. The angels will be singing around you when kurts eyes open. Kurts guardian angel and god are helping him through these times. God bless the blake family and Kurt.
pray on,
Chris Shiner

Lisa said...

My husband was in the same condition as your son. He remained in a coma for 4 weeks. Don't lose the faith, doctors don't know everything and each brain injury is different. God will place his hands on Kurt and your family and protect you each step of the way.

Lisa
www.brainstorming4us.com