Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hi from Anna - Wednesday, 3/12/08

Tonight there isn't much new news with Kurt. We are praying that by 9:00 Saturday morning Kurt WILL open his eyes. In the name of Jesus we believe that.

There were two prayer meetings tonight in Ontonagon, MI, our hometown, for Kurt. I know that 100 people showed up at one of them and I haven't heard about the other yet. I don't seem to even know what the time on the clock means, let alone what day it is. But at 5:30 today, Jerry said he was going over to the house to join them in prayer and when I finished what I was doing, I went down to the chapel to spend some time in prayer. It was overwhelming. At first I just walked around and prayed, then I sang some praises to our awesome God.

Then I sat and spent more time in prayer and such a peace came over me, I have a hard time putting words to it. I'll describe it as a HOLY WEIGHT. My entire body felt weighed down. But it was a good heaviness. Heavenly heaviness :) I was feeling peacefully exhausted, but it wasn't as if I could've slept. I was bathed in the power of God. I truly believe that and I thank each and every one of you who prayed tonight as well as all the prayers that go up throughout the days and nights.

I was humbled and thrilled to know that so many, many people are praying for us.

Our oldest son, Daniel goes to Iowa State and they have at least one person in the chapel praying for Kurt around the clock. With people praying in Australia, China, Finland, all over the U.S. and likely in other countries we haven't even been told about, I imagine we have others covering him and us in prayer around the clock because of all of the time zones people are in.

All I can say is thank you and keep on praying.

Anna

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerry, Anna, Dan & Kaisa,

We continue to pray for Kurt as well as all of you. We know that he can and does heal and that is our prayer for Kurt and that the Holy Spirit will comfort you. God will show himself to be the awesome God we know he is whatever the outcome.

Mark & Denise Danley

Unknown said...

Kevin and I are praying constantly in Geneva, IL for the healing of Kurt. God is faithful. Love you and praying for God's perfect peace to surround you during this difficult time. We are letting others know and the suberbs west of Chicago are praying for a miracle.
In Christ,
Kevin and Melissa Schulenburg,
brother in law and sister to Anna and Abby Wiese.

Anonymous said...

dear anna, jerry and family,
please know that the children and i are all praying for kurt's healing, and for you and your family. sending love from calumet.
kerri corser
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

the blake family-

I pray for you guys every night and day, and i passed around the word to some of my relatives and they are going to have their friends pray as well. i hope you guys are doing okay and i cant wait to see kurt again.
Also: at youth group tonight in a way god told me that he's gunna be okay so i know that helped me a lot.
your in my prayers-

brittany buzzo.

Anonymous said...

I have shared your situation with my bible study group in Grand Rapids, MI as well as my family. We are praying for strenth and faith in these trying times. God is with you and your family. Thanks for keeping up this site.

Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will sour high on wings like eagles. they will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

scott family said...

We are praying for Kurt and for all of you. Our hearts are hoping with you for the very best outcome. We love you all and will continue to pray. We have passed on the prayer request to others who in turn are passing the prayer request on to others...and so on. God is surely hearing about Kurt 24/7. Please tell Kaisa to call London if she would like to and gets a chance.
Love and prayers
Jennifer, London, Carley and Brian Scott

Anonymous said...

Jerry, Anna, Dan & Kaisa,

I'm keeping positive thoughts for all of you. It is great how so many poeple have come together. I wish for the best outcome.

with love, Andrea Johnson

Nate Anderson said...

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46:1-3)

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

There's just a couple of good Bible verses for encouragement. I am praying for Kurt and your family every day

-Burger King (Nathan)

Anonymous said...

Dear Blake Family
I'm praying for Kurt and the family throughout the day.I believe in an all powerful God who can heal Kurt!! PS.34:4 I sought the Lord,and he answered me;he delivered me from ALL my fears.SP.55:22 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;he will never let the righteous fall.I think you guys are doing a great job in carrying out Philippians 4:6 DO not be anxious about anything,but in everything,by prayer and petition,with thanksgiving,present your requests to god.With all my love,prayers and belief that Kurt will be healed Kristi

Anonymous said...

This is Janele Linnas sister Jamie here in Georgia. I have sent out several prayer requests and we continue to pray for Kurt each day.

Anonymous said...

I know that god will help Kurt through this will all of the support and prays he will be ok he will get through this. i just know it.

Still praying for your family's safety

Jake Yaklyvich

danny said...

I got to this blog through Ambulance Driver. Though I've never met Kurt, I'll be praying for his safe recovery. Every little bit of hope and prayer helps.

Anonymous said...

Jerry, Anna, Dan & Kaisa,
Know that Kurt and all of you are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep your powerful faith, stay strong, and never, NEVER, give up hope. God is watching over all of you.
Your friend and classmate,
Nora, Bill & Family