Saturday, March 15, 2008

From Aunt Patti (McTigue)

Well, just when we think we can't play this game one more day, we experience a fresh wave of God's sustaining grace. There are times it is all we can do to stand. But we are standing firm on the solid foundation of the Word of God. Jerry came in with Exodus 14:13 today and I shared Romans :24-25. Perservere. Yes, we shall.
The good news is Kurt can take breaths on his own, though he is still using a ventilator. Overall there are no significant changes to report from a medical perspective.
Anna and Jerry astound me by their strength and stability. It seems each hour has moments of emotion--not always tears...we find times for laughter, too! that is the best medicine. Much prayer. quiet singing. Daniel and Kaisa are the best bro and sister God could give Kurt. Each one brings a supply. Thank you for your continued prayers and words of encouragement. We are confident Kurt will come through this valley. Yes and Amen!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, this is anna. My version of Exodus 14:13 says something like this: Stand by and see the miracle which HE will accomplish TODAY. When I say my version, I literally mean, those are my words of what God says in that verse. Praise God for sunshine today.

Mom, one of my concerns has been "how in the world will I be able to let Kurt play football again." The words were in Isaiah 40: "They shall run and not be weary" HALLELUJAH !!! You certainly can't run with part of your skull missing so I know that I know he will be okay. and better.

Today was the first day that dr. Fernandez smiled at me. He has always been very very kind and compassionate. BUt today he smiled as he left.

more later. His eyes are beginning to crack open slightly and though his pupils aren't perfect they are uniform.....keep on praying. love, anna

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith guys. Keep doing our part and He will take care of the rest!

Keep up the Prayer for Kurt to OPEN HIS EYES!!!

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon. this is Jackie (Lindner) McLaughlin, in Phoenix, Arizona. I heard about Kurt from Irene Amos, and just know that there are probably hundreds of us out here who are checking in everydat to see how your boy is doing. We are all praying along with your family, and let me assure your that is no medicine that is stronger than group prayer. Thank you for maintaining this web site for those of us who cannot hug you and cry with you in person, but know that we are hugging and holding you all, as well as Kurt in our hearts.