Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thank you all for all of your prayers

Hi. I continue to be completely overwhelmed but extremely encouraged by all of the messages. I just can't begin to say thanks. So, I will give GLORY TO GOD. That is why we're here. He is why we are here. To read encouraging messages from across this world from Kindergarteners to retirees is just beyond what I could've ever imagined might happen on this blog. Okay, so my cousin Dan and I are in the same technological boat. My sister-in-law suggested getting more pictures on the sight through attachments. I said, "attachments ?! I'm still using VELCRO." It was awesome to get to see most of the kids who were with Kurt when he jumped. We so wanted to reassure them that it was no fault of their own---Kurt was going to jump whether they were there or not. I truly hope it helped each of them to be here, and for the two of you who haven't been able to come...consider yourselves hugged ( ) . Today I learned that that is a hug. Here's another one ( ) only this one is bigger. Thank you all for all of your prayers. We wouldn't make it through an hour of our day without God. Any time I take my focus off of him, I realize how easily I begin to doubt. To have kids come in wearing buttons with "KB Hope" or "KB Expect" on them and cards with Psalm 118:17-18 printed on them, as well as hugs and prayers is above and beyond anything I thought would happen. Encouragement from their parents is another blessing. We have also tried to tell each friend that this is no reason to stop skiing but please wear a helmet. PLEASE. If you won't wear a helmet, wear two. The generosity of family, friends, our community and total strangers is a whole other blog!!!!! Kurt is holding his own right now. Breathing pretty well, but still on the ventilator. I don't believe there's been any change in his pupils. He did need a new feeding tube that should be easier on his stomach. Yes he is one tough kid and right now he is resting in the ALMIGHTY's arms until he gathers the strength he needs to "rise up and walk."

And Praise God he will. amen It is time to get some sleep now. Good night. Psalm 118:17-18

anna

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((HUGS)))) back to you Anna

Anonymous said...

To the Family of Kurt....
We are so happy to be able to open this blog and hear how Kurt is doing. Your faith is an inspriation to anyone reading these reports from you.. We think about Kurt and the family 24/7 and wish all good things for you all. George was one of his baseball coaches and Chelsea played on his team this past year. He a very strong young man. He is a fighter. We will keep checking in to hear all the good things happening. It is awesome to hear about all the people around the World...praying for Kurt.....Take care and God Bless you all.
The Truscott's-George, Amy & Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Anna, Jerry and family:

Our prayers and thoughts are with you all.
The Lord gave me a verse the morning after Renee called me about Deb's situation, and I believe for this also-- Psalm 50:15 "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me." He wanted to make sure I got this, as He gave it to me once again in less than a week.

We do trust in Him, and His power alone!

Paul, Debbie, Josh and Joel

dsaaranen@charter.net

Anonymous said...

ki was one of the kids that was there when it happened and i would have been with the rest of them but im downstate with family....i believe janele was the other one and shes down in georgia or else im sure she would have been there too...stay strong
-cody doan

Heather Leech said...

Prayers for Kurt and his family from the Leech family in Surrey, B.C. Canada. I have a 15 year old son and can't even begin to imagine how I would handle something of this magnatude happening to him.
With love,
Heather Leech

Anonymous said...

dear blakes,today we have a baseball game today and we are honoring him for it we will win the game for him.
march 17