Friday, March 14, 2008

On Eagle's Wings from Grandpa & Grandma

Dear ones praying for Kurt and all our family,
How much we appreciate your prayers that are going up to God Almighty, through Christ Jesus, Our Savior and the Holy Spirit! How much we have to be grateful and to feel blessed by all of you. Prayers by this time are going up for healing from virtually around the world. It is overwhelming. God has his own timing and wisdom and whatever he decides we can abide by it.

So many positive reports have come through albeit there is always a down side but we continue to be fervent in prayer and appreciate yours so much

The verse "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" Isaiah 40:31 is the verse I'm claiming for Kurt, our grandson.

When we left Ontonagon, MI years ago I prayed to God that we were making a wise choice. An eagle came down and hovered right in front of our pickup as we drove, turned his head and looked us in the eye, his wings widespread and made a grand exit. It was just breathtaking and I took it as a sign from God. I think Kurt will mount up with wings as eagles. The song entitled, "On Eagle's Wings" is one of my favorites and always reminds me of the incident.

We pray for the Doctors and nurses of this wonderful facility in Marshfield for their wisdom and sensitivity with Anna, Jerry, Kaisa, Kurt and Daniel. What a family they are, what a testimony they are to others.
Kaisa and Daniel, you are amazing kids!

We have been blessed beyond measure with our families and wish to extend blessings to each one of you and your families.
Love through Christ Jesus, Our Lord
Grandpa & Grandma aka Don & Norma

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend from Ontonagon sent this to me in Monticello, Minnesota, and I have passed it along to continue the "prayer chain" for Kurt and his family. Over the past few years, I have heard about the Blake family's tremendous faith, which is reflected in their comments on this blog, as well as in those of their friends/well-wishers. Your family is an inspiration to others. God bless Kurt and your family; I will pray for all of you. Liz

pakosta said...

I am praying every time I think about your family. What a tremendous faith you have an what an inspiration your family is to others!
tara pollard pakosta

Anonymous said...

FROM KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA,& TEXAS
My family is praying for Kurt's recovery and for the strength that you will all need in the coming weeks. It is obvious that your faith in God is strong and that your family bond is exceptional.
God will gather you all and keep you safe in His loving arms.
Jan Miller

Abe said...

I am praying for Kurt. Aaron Broberg Pastor in Sparta WI.

Anonymous said...

My wife and I both grew up in Ontonagon and still feel very attached. We heard about your accident from our family and have been following your updates here ever since. We talk about you and your family daily and continue to pray for you all each and every moment we can! We wish there were some other way to help more.....
Todd, Deb and Ty Roehm

Anonymous said...

To the Blake Family,

I just heard from my son Neil about Kurt.

I was Kurt's Spanish teacher when he was in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade. One of the best and brightest students I had in class.
My thoughts and prayers with all of you.

Olivia Sanders