Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bleachers at Gitche Gumee in Kurt's Memory

The bleachers have arrived at Gitche Gumee.
We will be getting a plaque to put on them in Kurt's memory.
They are set up and were used today for the first time.
Thank you to each and every one who donated money for this fitting memorial.
There couldn't have been anything else more appropriate for Kurt who loved sports so very much. It's the perfect place to have them; here where he spent so much of his summer each year.
Thank you especially to Erin Robinson for heading it up and to Beth Yates for the great idea!!!

We will finish our 8 week stay here at Gitche tomorrow. It will be hard to leave but there are other things that need our attention. I am reminded of a saying, "Don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened."
We are so thankful that God brought us to Gitche and gives us the priviledge of serving Him here year after year.

anna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we should've taken a picture of the front of the bleachers. They are only 3 risers high but they are long. The perfect size for what we needed.

We are having Gitche withdrawls and trying to adjust once again to life in Ontonagon without Kurt.

We appreciate the continued prayers. anna

Anonymous said...

hello Anna.

i just wanted to let you know i still pray for you and your family every night..
and i hope yous are doing okay..

Anonymous said...

Blake Family,

I have went back to this blog for the first time in awhile. I guess that I set it aside as if life does go on. I just wanted to tell you that not a day goes by without a thought of your son. I'm not sure, but something always reminfs me of your family. I also wanted to thank Jerry Blake for helping my son through this school year as his teacher and having the patience to deal with daily issues, most of them being good. Your family is always in my prayers and I know that Kurt is living amongst all of us as we try to move on day by day. Your son may have went on to a better life, but he will never be forgotten.