Sunday, June 22, 2008

Anna back at Gitche Gumee Bible Camp

Hi,
We survived the first week of kids at Gitche. We cooked for about 95 people and all went pretty well. Except the Chinese sponge cake. That didn't turn out so well. It is international week for the kids camps. Chinese night was our worst attempt. It was edible, but not great. Jerry came up today on the motorcycle. He figures it only costs about $15 round trip! Daniel took it for a ride the other day when he first came up. It is a nice bike.

I'm pretty tired out at the end of each day. I try and take Sandy for a walk, work my 6-7 hour shift andvisit a little and go to a service here and there. Busy busy busy. Next week there will be some kids who knew Kurt and it may be a little harder. It wasn't too bad this week, although I had my usual cries.Jerry and Kurt were usually home still this week anyway for baseball, so it wasn't so different. But the next 2 weeks might be harder as more kids his age will be here. One day at a time.....
I love you all. talk to you soon. anna

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs)))

You'll do just fine Anna~


Cry when you need to.

Anonymous said...

I know its hard you deserve to cry
well i gotta go
stay strong

pakosta said...

Oh Anna,

I am so sorry that this will be a hard time for you. I check back here every so often to see if there are updates...I wanted to meet you when I was home, my sister said you asked about meeting me. I hope when I come to Ontonagon July 24-Aug 4th that we can meet.
My prayers are with you and of course you know your loving God is always with you.
Tara Pollard Pakosta

KathleenJae said...

Anna- I love you and can't wait to be up at Gitche with you in a few short weeks! I miss you guys like crazy! I'll be up July 26- August 1!! Can't wait! Praying for you! Tell Jerry, Daniel and Kaisa hello and that I love them too!

Kathleen

LaVerne said...

Hi Anna! You are the strongest MOM in the world! I'm sure the weeks ahead are going to be hard, but I know God will give you the strength you need to get thru it and the kids will smother you with hugs! We keep you, your family and Kurt in our prayers daily! Enjoy camp! Keep the Faith!
Love,
LaVerne, Jeff and Dakota

Anonymous said...

Hey Anna and Jerry and Daniel and Kaisa!

I think of you so often. I sure wish there was even one little thing that someone like myself could do to lesson your pain or bring some added joy or happiness into your life.

Continue doing whatever it is that you feel is right at that moment. Because as I am sure you know, we are not really in control of anything here on this earth and must remember to put our Faith and Trust in God.

I love you and hope to see you sometime soon. If and when you are in the Cloquet/Duluth area, I'd love to get together with you!

Take care,
JoEllen
218-393-3141
Please say "hi" to your family from me if you think of it!

Anonymous said...

Dear Anna,

Keep crying because as quoted by Barbara Johnson --Researchers have been learning that people who cry frequently enjoy better health overall. and another one quoted by her says--When we cry, we allow our bodies to function according to God's design----and we embrace one of the "perks" he offers to relieve out stress. And Psalms 56:8 says ---You have collected all my tears and preserved them in your bottle! You have recorded everyone in your book. We will continue crying with you and asking our Dear Precious Savior for his loving arms around you and his strength to empower you. For his joy to envelope you. He is with you every step of the way. May He send many to walk along side of you and to bless you with His presence.