Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kurt honored at track meet

Last night, the Jr. High had their only home track meet of the season. At the end of the meet,
they all gathered around, raised a banner up of Kurt and carried it around the entire track in his
memory. Jerry who didn't know anything about it, went down to join them and carried one side of
the banner. I was frozen to my seat, bawling. It was very touching.

As they rounded the last corner, I went down and met them, and one by one, though they were all
freezing on this 40 degree, overcast day, each gave me a tearful hug. Wow.......

anna

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW I WAS BAWLING TOO!

Anonymous said...

That is so neat! I'm sure Kurt was looking down with a smile... especially about the victory!! That is great! :)

I saw your/Kurt's banner on the church today! I had to turn my car around and take a 2nd look!

"Life is Short! Do you know my Jesus?"

AWESOME!!

Hugs{{}} Patti :)

pakosta said...

that is wonderful to honor your son that way! and it's great that they won!
how awesome!
tara

Anonymous said...

I had a dream about Kurt last night too... maybe after hearing about this. He was back in my class and we were going to the 6th grade track and field day.. He won every event there.

(I missed out on that day when he was in my class because Alena was born right around that time)

It still touches my heart to know how concerned he was about us when I had to be gone to help out with the baby. Him being worried that everything was all right. That was a great class overall, and a special time. Kurt was a big part of that.

My thoughts are still with you guys. Please keep in touch with us after we've officially moved. I'll let you know where we're at.

Mr. Johnson (Derek)

Anonymous said...

How fantastic.
Kurt will always be a huge part of everybodies hearts. Like a man in the army a man may fall but when everybody comes home, nobody will ever forget him.
He's watching those Jr. High track kids and with a little voice telling them push push push!